Sunday, July 11, 2010

Inaugural Post

Hi world!

Thanks for visiting my blog! This blog is dual purpose; it's needed for my New Media course, but I hope too that I will finally get down to business with having a blog. I've started some in the past, but this one should hopefully stick!

I really don't have any strict guidelines for what topics I am going to post just yet, as my interests are varied, but I guess this is more of an experiment for me to see what shape and direction it takes on. I've been a passive interest browser for years but until recently, and aside from posting on facebook, I've never really put my own thoughts out there on the web.

Then I became addicted to twitter... and jezebel... and my interest internet media exploded. Then I started studying media literacies in my program, and thought that it was time for my to try my hand at having my own blog.

My main interests and specialties are grant writing, development/fundraising, administration, marketing, etc for arts and nonprofits. However, there's a good I'll be posting on things relevant to myself, like city living, Boston news, feministy thoughts on the world, and whatnot.

Thanks, and stay tuned!

Artsy Admin

3 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great! I love the photos - gorgeous composition! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks TD! :) Still an amateur, but we all gotta start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea that you will really put your blog to use this semester. I like your links to the side and good to see Robert Eggers listed. I'll check out the others you have when I have a moment!

    ReplyDelete